Prepare time: 15 min
Cook: 45 min approx.
Ready in: 1 hr approx.
Credit: How To DIY
Pair this delicious dish with a risotto and a nice bottle of wine. This Italian favorite is easy to make and sure to impress your guests.
- 1 medium sized chicken (boneless and skinless only thighs)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsf olive oil (For Gravy)
- 1-2 Tbsf mustard (For Gravy)
- 1 Tbsf demulcent vinegar (For Gravy)
- 1 tsf sugar (brown) (For Gravy)
- 3-5 cloves minced garlic (For Gravy)
- Flakes of Red pepper (Pinch) (For Gravy)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit 190 degrees Celsius this is the perfect temperature for chicken to bake it keeping the chicken juicy without drying out. Make sure that your oven is cleared out of any pots and pans you might have stored inside. You might also want to wipe out the oven so that remnants from past meals don’t contaminate the chicken.
- To tenderize the chicken, place the chicken underneath a piece of plastic wrap. Use a small mallet metal or wood and gently pound the chicken thighs make sure that each of the thighs is of equal thickness around 1/2 inch – 3/4 inch. This will not only make your chicken more tender but will allow you to cook the chicken evenly.
- Brine the chicken. This is a process which makes your chicken moist and juicy fill a medium-sized bowl with warm not hot water. Stir in a pinch of salt.
- Let the chicken sit in the brine for 15 minutes this will dry and moisture into the chicken thighs.
- To prepare the pan, get out a large enough baking pan to fit all of the chicken thighs you plan to cook. Add two tablespoons 29.6 milliliters of olive oil or butter to the pan. Spread it out evenly so that your chicken will not stick to the pan. This will get your chicken brown and crispy.
- To get your chicken ready to be baked, take your chicken out of the brine and brush the chicken with either olive oil or butter. Use your hands and press into the outside of the chicken any seasonings you would like some popular combinations are lemon pepper barbecue and or garlic herb.
- Finally, put the chicken in the pan laced with olive oil or butter. Tuck in herbs and lemon wedges next to the chicken thighs if you like. These will add an extra layer of flavor to your dish.
- Wrap your chicken dish. You have two options here: One is to wrap the entire dish in tinfoil – make sure that the tinfoil wraps around the edges of the pan and a secure. The other option is to wrap in parchment paper. If you choose this option place the piece of parchment paper inside of the dish directly on top of the chicken. You can either go along with baking or place this directly in the refrigerator to cook later on.
- To bake your chicken, place the pan into the oven close the oven and set your kitchen timer for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes is up, take your chicken out and brush your chicken with another layer of oil or butter.
- Add in any extra spice as you want to. In this step, place the chicken back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes