Prepare time: 15 min
Bake and Refrigerate: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hr approx
Video Credit: Food Fusion & Recipes
Today we are presenting the delicious recipe of Chicken kofta which is made from ground chicken and is mixed with different veges and spices like onions, garlic fresh herbs.
- Chicken meatballs:
- ½ kilo chicken minced meat
- 2-4 tablespoon rice flour for gluten free
- ½ inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chili small sized
- Coriander handful
- Pinch tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tomatoes pureed
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp indian spice mixture of (ground coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and pepper)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Coriander for garnishing
- Take a deep cooking pan with heavy bottom and put grated coconut into it to roast for a couple of minutes and keep it aside. Now add thinly sliced onions in the oil to sauté (means till it turns golden brown).
- In the meanwhile, make a fine paste of ginger, garlic, green chili and handful of coriander.
- Mix this paste with the ground chicken along with turmeric, red chili powder, whole wheat flour and salt to taste.
- Now take some oil in your palm and make small meat balls nearly the size of ping pong ball and arrange them in a platter.
- Take the onions that you had sauté. Make fine paste of roasted coconut, browned onions, ginger, garlic and coriander.
- Put oil and heat it in the same pan and add the indian masala paste and tomato puree to it. Cook the mixture on medium flame for about 5-7 mins.
- Add red chili powder and turmeric.
- Add salt to taste, mix well and add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- After the gravy starts boiling, arrange the meat balls on top of the gravy.
- Cover and continue cooking on low-medium for another 15 mins with Stirring.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with steamed basmati rice!