Credit: Smokin’ & Grillin’ wit AB
I am presenting this great video of the recipie of Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta that is I like the most for a long time. Mom used to make it after every 10 or 15 days for my lunch or dinner or for the supper every othre sunday. The steps of preparation are so creamy… i mean easy that even a 12 year old boy can follow. so! why wait any more, let’s jump into the ingredient list!
- 1 lb. medium or large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 link Andouille Sausage or Smoked Sausage
- 12 ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 4 – 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tsp Creole Seasoning (Creole Kick)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced small
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced small
- 1/2 large Yellow Bell Pepper, diced small
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Throw the shrimp in the cooking pan along with salt (to taste), black pepper and Oregano. Mix them good so as to cover the shrimps with the salt and pepper well. Don’t forget to spray away olive oil in the base of the pan before starting.
- Keep on tossing the shrimps while on flame for about 2 minutes. Up and down! Keep on repeating for about a moment or so. Now vacate it into a plate and put aside. Spray a little more olive oil in the pan, include bologna and wait till the color deepens till amusingly scorched, around 4 – 5 minutes. Vacate into a plate and put aside.
- Now, time has come to add pasta to boiling water container with some added salt into it. Cook it till it turns somewhat hard.
- Turn down the flame to medium level and add some more olive oil to the container. Add the onion, red chime pepper, Cajun flavoring, dark colored sugar, and salt up to your taste. Sauté the mixture till onion and pepper are laid-back a piece. Now final moments are coming, add garlic and cook until aroma evolves i.e., for nearly 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken stock and some cream to give it the thickness which is required, I stew a few minutes.
- Once stewing, you need to add include Parmesan and mix the sauce thoroughly and gently. At the same time, include cooked pasta and frankfurter and mix appropriately and keep on the flame for about, 2 – 3 minutes. Finally the Salt and pepper to taste and finally, add shrimp.
- Serve with slashed parsley.