Prepare time: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hr
Credit: Smokin’ & Grillin’ wit AB
Nothing is more delicious than a freshly made warm fresh fruit cobbler with favorite toppings You acn make that too, it’s quite easy to follow and great to serve.
- 4 to 5 cups fresh apples, pears, cherries, blueberries or peaches raw and chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of cup sugar (granular) and 2/3 cup for topping
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon double-acting, sodium aluminum sulfate
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- ½ vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup skimmed evaporated milk
- Place all fruit mentioned in the ingredients in a medium sized baking dish properly greased.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 0C).
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, sugar, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, take flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the egg mixture until flaky. Now add vanilla and melted butter and keep on Stirring.
- Cover the fruit with the batter mixture.
- Pour water over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is ready to serve i.e., it should be light brownish, fragile and lastly, it need to be served warm