Prepare time: 15 min
Cooling time: 30-40 min
Freeze in: 3-4 Hours
Credit: Fhebruey Aquino
This makes an insane amount of ice cream. Made half this amount and it still wouldn’t fit in my ice cream maker. It’s also extremely, tooth achingly sweet. Would have been better with much less sugar.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Take milk and cream in equal ratio in a medium sized pan and heat it to about 180°.
- Include rest of the ingredients (chocolate, sugar and salt);
- Mix it till chocolate and sugar are equi-mixed and dissolved. Stop heating.
- Now, shift the mixture to a large sized bowl quickly and put it in a pan of filled with ice water.
- Only occasional mixing is enough that may be around for 2 minutes. Now bring the mixture to room temperature, cover it and put in the fridge for about half an Hour
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers. Allow some space for expansion. Keep in freezer 3-5 hours to get harden.